Chicagoland Leasing and Management, Inc. is the exclusive agent and representative of the property owner and does not, in any respect, have any fiduciary or agency responsibility to the applicant. All Federal, State and local laws are followed and each application is processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the applicant. All applications for Evanston and Chicago will be considered.
GENERAL: All adult applicants per unit must meet the requirements of this Guideline Statement.
- Each applicant 18 years of age & older must complete a separate application & pay the $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Copies of criminal or credit checks/reports will not be provided to applicants or agents as they are to be used for our screening process only. Denied applicants can get a copy of their credit report from the credit bureau directly for no charge within 60 days.
- Full-time students under age 24 living with a qualifying guardian do not have to qualify, but must submit an application.
- Each application must be complete, signed and fee paid before being processed.
- Applications are processed in the order received. Backup applications will continue to be accepted until the approved applicant has signed the lease and paid the security deposit and 1st month’s rent.
- A legible copy of applicant’s driver’s license, or other photo ID, is required and will become part of the completed application. In lieu of a faxed copy of an ID, please take a photo and email it.
- All information on application is subject to verification. Applications will be denied if falsified.
- Once approved, each applicant must sign the lease & be fully responsible for the lease, rent or any fees due.
- Guideline requirements may be waived if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
OCCUPANCY LIMITATION: Only two occupants per bedroom are allowed unless further limited by city ordinances.
RENTAL HISTORY: Applicant must have good rental references for six months or more within the last eighteen months unless Applicant has just sold their home or completed military duty. Relatives are not acceptable as rental references. Application may be denied for evictions, damages beyond normal wear & tear, illegal activity on premises, refusal to re-rent by previous landlord or a balance still owed to previous landlord. Applicants may be denied if they are to break existing lease in order to lease property from Chicagoland Leasing and Management, Inc.
INCOME: Application may be denied unless verifiable household income is more than three times the rent rate. Only for properties that reside in the City of Chicago can Section 8 participants apply but all additional application requirements must still be met. Unemployment will NEVER BE CONSIDERED INCOME. If Applicant is self-employed then income can be verified by past 12 month’s bank statements.
CRIMINAL: Application may be denied for activity appearing on the criminal report.
CREDIT: All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment. Credit history requirements may be waived if Applicant has acceptable rental history from CLM within the past 18 months. Application will be denied for: Credit scores that fall below 575. Unpaid collections or judgments without proof of an approved payment plan (one unpaid collection is allowed if not related to rental history). Discharged bankruptcies, paid judgments, paid collections, medical credit or tax liens are not considered. Chapter 13 Wage Earner Plan is allowed if current at time of application.
PET DEPOSIT: If the property owner agrees to allow animals on the property, applicant will: Pay a deposit (minimum $250 per pet) for each animal brought onto the property, BEFORE the animal is brought onto the property. Provide proof of Tenant’s Insurance, pre-paid for term of lease, with $300,000 Liability coverage for each dog. Fee and insurance are waived for applicants providing a medical letter stating that the ‘animal’ is actually a medically prescribed assistant or companion service animal. Applicant remains responsible for damage done by ANY animal brought onto the property.
HOLD FEE: The Hold Fee will be 100% forfeited if the terms of the Lease Agreement are not completed as agreed. Property may be held if applicant signs a Lease Agreement and pays a Hold Fee equal to 100% of the security deposit.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: Unless otherwise stated, the original Security Deposit is equal to the rent rate and, along with the first month’s rent, must clear in Paylease or be paid by certified funds (money order, cashier’s check or certified check). The security deposit will NOT be refunded unless tenant completes the term of the lease AND meets all other conditions of the lease.
RENTER’S INSURANCE: It is required that the Tenant obtain “renter’s liability insurance” to cover the damage or injury to the Tenant, his / her/their family, his/her/their guests or to Tenant personal material/ property/belongings. Tenants are required to provide proof of insurance purchased. If insurance is not obtained within 48 hours of the lease start date, it will be purchased on their behalf by the Landlord at an additional monthly charge of $15 per month and be a non-refundable charge to the tenant upfront for the length of their lease (typically 12 months).
RELEASE FROM LEASE: We may, as a courtesy, release the Tenant from the balance of the lease provided the following conditions are met:
- Tenant prepays $350.00 towards the cost of the releasing fee (typically one month’s rent) and other expenses incurred in re-leasing which may include, but is not limited to, advertising, re-keying locks, cleaning, utility, etc. Tenant remains responsible for all re-leasing costs incurred.
- Pay monthly rent difference at the time of move-out for original lease term if property rents for less than current lease.
- A satisfactory replacement tenant has been approved by Chicagoland Leasing and Management, Inc. and has paid the security deposit and first month’s rent. Existing tenant is responsible to pay all rent up to the day the replacement tenant starts paying rent.
Download Rental Application